Turkey’s Automobile Initiative Group (TOGG) National electric car was introduced with a ceremony in Gebze, attended by President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
Erdogan placed the first pre-order of the national car, announced that the production will be made on the land of the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) in Bursa Gemlik, “We are witnessing the fulfillment of Turkey’s 60-year dream,” he said.
The model SUV and Sedan models, prepared by Pininfarina from Italy, were introduced to the public with a ceremony at the TOGG (Turkey’s Automobile Initiative Group) center in Gebze.
It is planned that the construction of the factory will be completed in 2020, and then the production of the National car will begin.
The production of the first series of the national car is planned to be completed in 2022.
What are TOGG features?
NATIONAL automobile will work with electric motor. The car is therefore expected to run quietly and emit no emissions.
Since it will be a smart car feature, it will be constantly connected to the internet. There will be a full-length LED display between the two ends of the cockpit.
Road status and options to reach the target point will also be displayed on this screen. It is stated that the music system has also been improved thanks to the speakers in the doors.
TOGG owners with a smart home will be able to connect a smart home with a smart car.
The car, which will be constantly connected to the center, will be able to receive updates remotely via 4G or 5G connection.
Again, thanks to this connection, the service team will be able to intervene remotely in case of malfunction.
Technical features were not mentioned in the introduction of the national car. On the official website, no other details are given. However, some information about the national car was leaked to the Turkish press.
Some of the information conveyed in the Turkish media, which President Erdoğan said, “We determine the technical specifications,” is as follows:
- The engine power of the twin-engine vehicle is 150kW.
- The two-wheel drive vehicle has 200 horsepower, and the 4-wheel drive has 400 horsepower. It will accelerate to 100 kilometers per hour in 7.6 seconds with 200 horsepower and in 4.8 seconds with 400 horsepower.
- The engine, which will work with a charge and will warn about the end of the charge with its smart car feature, will be able to charge up to 80 percent in less than half an hour with fast charging. It will be able to charge at homes, offices and stations on the road. In the presentation, it was stated that “Turkey’s charging infrastructure will be ready in 2022”.
- Its range will be 300+ and 500+ kilometers with a full battery.
- The car, which will work with automatic driving technology, will be able to stop and go by itself. Thus, when the traffic jams, the driver will not need to control it with the steering wheel.
- It will have a regenerative braking system.
- There will be 7 standard and 2 optional airbags in the vehicle.
- The battery of the vehicle, which is stated to be produced entirely as National, will be placed on the base.
- It is stated that its speed is set not to exceed 180 kilometers per hour.
- The handling feature of the high-ground vehicle will also be improved and it will be ensured to move on bumpy roads without difficulty.
- The trunk volume of the car is aimed to exceed 500 liters.
How are the first comments and reactions about TOGG?